Ok guys, I’m about to throw a bit of tough love at you here. November newsflash! Your beloved and basic betch Pumpkin Spice Latte from the local Starbs is filled with artificial crap and calories. But, if you’re looking for a healthier option made with REAL, wholesome ingredients, you’ve come to the right place. I think I’ve finally perfected my healthy & homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe now that I’ve had all of the month of October to do so! Also, I have to thank the amazing Dr. Will Cole for inspiring me to adapt this recipe. He’s one of my go-to functional medicine resources- highly recommend you check out his own newsletter and site! Ok, see below for deetz so you can test out the recipe on your own, and please, let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Plant-based Pumpkin Spice Latte On The Loose
Dairy-Free, No Refined Sugars, Gluten-Free, Vegan
I got all mine at Whole Foods but feel free to switch up based on your normal grocery routine.
1 can Organic Pumpkin Puree
Organic Cinnamon Spice
Whole Foods private-label brand Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk (or nut milk of choice. Coconut especially works great here too! I usually use MALK brand almond milk as it’s the cleanest option out there right now besides making your own at home.)
Optional: Raw Organic Coconut Sugar
Step 1: Make Your Own Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
As a reminder in case you haven’t checked out some of my other recipes, I don’t really measure, so feel free to take liberty to adjust here based on how pumpkin-y you would want your latte to be!
- First, pour can of pumpkin into any blender or Vitamix (we are basically making a pumpkin milk creamer here that will last you at least a week or more for coffees).
- Add about a cup of almond milk (enough so it blends with the pumpkin puree to be a runny consistency)
- Add cinnamon to taste
- Add a pinch of raw organic coconut sugar to taste if you like your coffee with sugar.
- Blend until milk-like consistency occurs. Store in glass mason jar in fridge and set aside. You can even make this the day before if you’d like to split up the work! That’s what I did. Ain’t nobody got time for long recipes and measuring spoons out the wazoo so I really try to keep these as simple as possible.
Step 2: Make Latte
- Make your morning pot of coffee, however you usually do so! I’ve even used this with cold brew coffee.
- Take frother (or a cup where you use your stick frother) and pour half of the pumpkin milk we made in with another half of regular nut milk of choice.
- Froth it up and pour into coffee!
- Top with more cinnamon and Whole Foods Pumpkin Pie Spice blend! This spice really adds an extra fall-la-la-la-la flavor because it’s a blend of clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon together! If you have any of those spices lying around at home, they would go great on top as well.
PS- here’s a lil tip. If you’re feeling lazy and don’t want to make the pumpkin milk creamer, just froth up some normal nut milk and add in those spices!
And there you have it- the perfect healthy, homemade, and plant-based pumpkin spice latte!