A LOT has been happening the past few weeks- one event being my sister’s WEDDING! Some of you may have seen me post on Instagram about her bachelorette party that I, as the MOH (Maid of Honor, duh) hosted here in LA! I thought it would be fun to share the itinerary on the blog since my sis is into ALL the same stuff and PLANT BASED fun was def the theme.
We went the AIR bnb route and stayed in between two iconic LA neighborhoods- West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Over the weekend, we wined and dined on some of LA’s BEST vegan cuisine and took in some gorgeous views. Peep below for a full breakdown! This guide also incorporates a ton of LA recommendations I’d give anyone if they were visiting this gorg city, so use it as a resource of recs too! Cheers betches. Let’s get this party started.
HAPPY HOUR UPON ARRIVAL.
- Arrived at Air bnb and hosted rooftop happy hour with organic vodka and kombucha beverages, plus all the organic, vegan certified wine Whole Foods had to offer!
- This West Hollywood 100% ORGANIC AND PLANT BASED mexican food restaurant is probably my all time FAVORITE spot. Nothing like a spicy marg to warm my heart and remind me of my Texas roots HA (my besties and I ALWAYS started a good night off with some Tex-Mex and way too many margs). We had an amaze balls time here feasting on pitchers of clean-er margaritas and chimichangas. Just trust me on this, get the chimichanga. It’s effing FIYA and almost our whole table ordered it.
AFTER DINNER DRINKS & DANCING: SUR (aka Sexy Unique Restaurant, obvi).
- I have forced my sis to sloth away so many Saturday hangovers with me watching Vanderpump Rules over the years that we HAD to go here for a glass of champs after din. Nothing pairs better than champs post plants, ya know? If you’re a fan of the show, you’ll enjoy this lil detail- DJ Mickey was there! Needless to say, we had a grand ole time.
BREAKFAST AT AIR BNB.
- We had gone to Whole Foods the day before and stocked up on food because if there’s anything girls like to do at a bachelorette party it’s eat & drink. Of course, mimosas (with just a dash of fresh squeezed, organic OJ) were fully present with penis straws. In my opinion it’s not a true bach party without them.
HIKE AT RUNYON CANYON.
- We group Ubered over to Runyon Canyon to hike and see the Hollywood sign. If you go to the right when you get to the first fork in the path it is a super easy hike up with just a small enough incline to really get your blood pumping and the tequila from the night before to start glistening away. This is such a fun and touristy thing to do with your friends or fam and you’ll get some kick-ass pics at the peak. Also, it’s the perfect length of time- about 45 minutes to an hour round trip. Tip: Wear annoying matchy, matchy bachelorette party gear and blast Taylor Swift tunes.
LUNCH BACK AT AIR BNB.
- Whole Foods came in handy here again. We restocked our mimosas and got presentable for the next activity.
- Ok I’ll admit, I was a little worried to attend this because I am not down for zoos BUT I was pleasantly surprised to discover it’s more so a place where Hollywood animals used in films get to retire! Your tour group is taken through the beautiful Santa Monica Mountains while you get to stop and feed the animals and taste wine from the local vineyards. This easily combined my sister’s two favorite activities- hanging out with animals and drinking vino, so it was a done deal. Shout out to our amazing tour guides too!
- The last hoorah of the weekend was a big vegan AF dinner at Gratitude Beverly Hills location.This restaurant is ina beautiful area and is the only location out of all the other LA Cafe Gratitude locations that serves a full bar! We all started the meal off with a delicious gin + fresh pressed green juice cocktail and finished with a dark chocolate cake. Treat yo’ self.
- A bachelorette party isn’t complete without sexy goodies to take home for the groom to be. We ended the night with lots more organic wine and girly shit.