Hi friends! Threw this together in the Vitamix yesterday evening to satisfy a sweet tooth and I was V impressed at how my rando concoction turned out- EFFING. DELISH.
So, sharing this healthy and fully plant-based ice cream aka “nice cream” recipe with you all! Vegan, sugar-free (except natural sugars obvi), dairy-free, gluten-free, and guilt-free! Just whip up in a blender (I used my Vitamix) and you’re good to go.
Homemade Sugar-Free Vegan Cacao Nice Cream
Ingredients to toss in blender (all organic if possible as I always say):
- 1/2 banana (preferably frozen)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (I used the Artisana Organics brand). You could probably use coconut oil in place here too as an option.
- 1 small-ish tablespoon almond butter (fresh ground from Whole Foods is the best!)
- 1 small-ish tablespoon cashew butter (I say small-ish so we get some nice healthy fats in here but not tOoOo much. I also say small-ish because I really don’t measure LOLz. I used the Artisana Organics brand again here- it’s my fave for nut butters right now if I can’t get fresh ground).
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw cacao powder (I used the Navitas Organics Brand. This is important because it will really give the smoothie that chocolate-y flavor. Cacao is literally AMAZE-BALLZ because it’s the purest form of chocolate you can consume. It’s raw and barely processed versus it’s similar counterpart “cocoa”. See the difference in spelling there? Added bonus, It’s also a supes beneficial source of natural MAGNESIUM, so this smoothie/nice cream should help you sleep well too!)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed/chia seeds (Tip: I keep a mixture of flax and chia in a little mason jar to throw in smoothies, on top of salads or toasts, etc. It’s a really easy way to get extra plant-based fiber and protein into your diet!)
- A handful or so of ice cubes
- Vanilla Almond Milk to help sweeten (I used MALK brand!)
Blend together and top with raw cacao chips, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and or pumpkin spice! Feel free to toss in the freezer for a bit if you want, but the ice should help make it cold and ready to eat asap!
Leave a Reply